the whole truth ending

Mike Lassiter (Gabriel Basso) did NOT kill his father. Fame follows her upstairs and tries to force his way into her room while she's changing. Keanu Reeves plays a defense attorney who is tasked with representing a client (relative of a friend actually) who refuses to speak. He tries to tell Pim about it, but she ignores it. Wan looks at a blank spot on the wall where a clock used to be and informs Pim and Putt it's time for bed. It may lack the horror that some contributors enjoy but this is more a murder mystery than a horror flick. I would recommend with indifference. It doesn't try to be anything it isn't. The next morning Pim notices the catfood is still untouched. A gunshot is heard. Film Review: 'The Whole Truth'. He claimed that he only killed his dad in defense to protect his mother. But in retrospect, we see through Wans lies. Back at home, Pim answers the door to a man who says he's her grandfather, Phong, and informs her about her mother's accident. Pim is a popular cheerleader while Putt is a bit of a social outcast with a leg brace for unknown reasons. The grandparents try to stop Mai but are confronted by the ghosts of Pinya and the grandfather's young man killed with fire. Putt tells her he's looked through it before, and can see the house next door as well as a "creepy girl". He now has to live with the guilt of murdering an innocent person. Strangely the drawing disappears once Wan leaves the room. Even her mother but her husband had been giving her pills to suppress the ghostly visions he said were hallucinations. When she came downstairs and saw the door ajar, she locked it up. In a snippet, the strange girl crawls in the room, leaving a trail of blood. He shoots at the ghost in fear, hitting Wan instead and killing her. Their grandmother, who has been tormented by the noise across the wall for fifteen years, finally starts to spill the beans. Pim and Putt tell their grandmother to go back to bed while they finish cleaning up. "The Whole Truth (2021) Review: Sutatta Udomsilp-Starrer is The Visit But Not Really", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Whole_Truth_(2021_film)&oldid=1148361792, This page was last edited on 5 April 2023, at 18:33. Typically in courtroom dramas, there can be no close friend-type relationship. Bad script, bad acting, bad directing, bad fx, bad everything! Especially Gugu, I'll be keeping an eye out for her next performance. The Whole Truth Plot Synopsis Pim and Putt live in their house with their mother's cat, Latte. He does not want the truth to come out and does not hesitate to put a bullet in his own mouth. The Whole Truth is a 2021 Thai Horror Thriller film directed by Wisit Sasanatieng. Comment below. As we see Mbatha-Raw as Janelle, Ramseys co-counsel hardly has two instances of valuable parts within the film. Putt tells Pim about wormholes, theorizing that the hole in the wall is showing them a different time or dimension. At first i thought it was gonna be about a evil spirit haunting the house like poltergeist But later to found out the other side was a wormhole and the creature or should i say the girl they saw was there dead little sister A powerful defense contractor, a reluctant intelligence agent, and an ambitious journalist race to contain and control an international crisis that could destroy the world in this #1 New York Times bestselling thriller. Putt is unable to climb the stairs to help her due to his brace. It starts to rain heavily, and on Mai's drive she gets into a car accident. Their grandfather informs them that their grandmother has dementia and might behave strangely He asks they help look after her during their stay and not to take anything upsetting she does to heart. But i bumped it up to an 8 for acting, music & ghostly effects. They try to bring the spot to their grandpas attention, but Somphong does not see any hole. All Horror-Discover new horror movies, create and share your own horror movie lists and curate watchlists from thousands of titles, new and old. What this movie does well is slowly reveal the truth, very slowly. He knocks over the glass of milk in the process, and Latte drinks it from the floor. Did The Queens Take Down El Gavilan? What the courtroom scenes revealed more than anything else was the idea that character witnesses often have reason to lie, or at least not tell the whole truth about what they know in the interest of self preservation. Believing the police will not deal with it, he takes justice into his own hands and kills Chaiyut. But as they gradually learn throughout the film, that's not the whole truth. After their mother ends up in a coma due to a car accident, Putt and Pim have to stay at their grandparents house. As someone who always has a soft spot for teen movies from the 80s and 90s, Not Another Teen Movie was a great spoof considering the 2000s is the decade that killed off the spoof genre. Netflix film The Whole Truth ending explained When the mother escapes her coma in the hospital, she's alarmed to learn that her two children are at her grandparents. Initially, the filming was supposed to take place in Boston, Massachusetts, but the director chose to film in the deep-south state of . We skip over some legal points, and some presentation of evidence guidelines, but oh well. The Plot of 'The Whole Truth' Richard Ramsey is an attorney defending the 17-year-old son of his late colleague Boone Lassiter. Inside she sees a drawing of a girl with a spiral hole in her head and gets angry, while Putt denies he drew it. The tonality of the narrative reminded me of Andres Muschiettis 2013 film, Mama. All questions that permeate this courtroom drama. Your email address will not be published. That, and the fact that I always love seeing Keanu on the screen. I was as bored as the actors aimlessly strolling through their scenes like they were civil service employees doing the absolute minimum till quitting time. But the finale gets a little tricky to navigate, especially as you move beyond the deceit and witness what the truth actually is. Pim looks through it as Putt is too sick, and sees the black faced girl crawling through blood. The cinematography is very good although the special effects could have been better with a little more money spent on them but that's a small complaint. However, after Mais suspicion, we jump to the conclusion that it was Somphong who killed Krit. The case in The Whole Truth is seemingly an open and shut case of patricide. Wan asks them both to try not to upset their grandfather, and lectures Putt about drinking his milk. Simple and straightforward but has moments that are captivating, "every defense lawyer has to choose between his own need to know the truth and the best interests of his client. I just finished The Whole Truth on Netflix. In a tunnel he almost collides with a parked car. They could run off and live anywhere. Chiayut attempts to bribe him, then pulls a gun before being slammed into the steering wheel and beaten by Phong, who then pours the remains of the liquor over him and lights him on fire. The Whole Truth (Thai: ) is a 2021 Thai supernatural mystery thriller film directed by Wisit Sasanatieng, written by Abishek J. Bajaj and starring Sompob Benjathikul, Sadanont Durongkaweroj and Steven Isarapong. "Dick, I need a war." Nicolas Creel is a man on a mission. Not the worst thing I have ever seen, also not the best. Putt wakes up with a nosebleed, feeling sick. Later in the story, Putt deduces that the hole can be a wormhole since the room on the other side looks exactly like their grandparents living room. Wan returns home and sees the blood on the floor, panicking and calling Pim "Mai" and telling her to get rid of it, before calling Putt "Krit" and blaming him for the mess and telling Pim to get him out. There are secrets hidden, and a cracks always leaking them out into our reality And that subplot is their very best plot. The Whole Truth Directed by Sasanatieng With Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Benjathikul, Thidathit and Theriault Netflix, NR, 125 min. on The Whole Truth Ending Explained: Who Killed Boone? I could really like this movie if not for the fact that I feel like it ended in the middle of the story. After their mothers accident, siblings Pim and Putt are compelled to live in their grandparents for a while. Mike finally decides to start talking as he finally takes his stand. She looks for her daughter, whom she calls Pinya. Pim tells her grandfather about the hole, but when she goes to show him, he cannot see it, nor can Wan. In all of those other movies, the viewer soon understands that something isn't right with granny and granddaddy, and this movie is no exception. The teenager girl had only one expression throughout the movie, which was widening of her eyes . This doesn't get 8/10 for being a well-crafted horror flick. It was dark and gloomy in the room on the other side of the hole. On questioning, Boone claimed that he did not know who the man was. We have a habit of passing judgment even before we understand the situation completely. He calls Wan too, but even she cannot see it. Who else would have killed Mike's father? It's the job of the jury to figure out who is telling the truth. It showed up after Krit died, and never went away, even when their grandfather tried to cover it. Instead, it's best to view the hole more as a metaphor. In the 2021 Thai horror movie The Whole Truth, Putt's condition isn't improving at home, and his grandmother insists he keeps drinking milk as it is more beneficial than medicine. And a rare, more serious role for jim belushi. Liked the part showing how the truth is hard to get from witnesses because of their memories and personal reasons to slant the truth. After watching the Thai horror movie 'Shutter' many years ago and after watching the trailer, I thought I'll give this one a try. Ever since he was 12, Boone would violate Mike throughout the years. Granted it takes the strangeness of an accused killer attempting to protect someone besides himself. Courtroom dramas are interesting and this one is a fine addition. Krit agreed to play even though he was drinking at the time. Thanks to Netflix, it appears as though a wider American audience is more willing to give non-English language titles a shot. There are reasons to suspect Mike, and there are reasons to suspect others. Mai shot and killed her husband Krit after he failed to take care of Pinya and save her life. And just overall a sad film achieving nothing. He decides to take law into his own hands and kills Chaiyut. Oh, oh, this can't be good. Another flashback shows Krit dead on the floor from a gunshot wound to the head, which Phong says was suicide from guilt. Meanwhile Chiayut is shown drinking and driving once more, bragging to his friend about his father owning the police. Bits and pieces will always rise to the surface, but it requires true confession for the truth to get to light. Did you like those old Perry Mason shows? Downstairs, Wan opens the closet to find Pinya's ghost, who hugs her and vomits blood. There's nothing at all interesting about a straightforward court case, however one with a twist is a thing to behold. Putt also started spitting out blood, and he realized that her grandmother was poisoning him. Mike (Gabriel Basso) is a 17 year old accused of murdering his father. Janelle storms off as it makes Ramsey worry. Courtroom dramas remain a favorite with film and stage audiences and THE WHOLE TRUTH shares evidence of that fact. It was released on Netflix on December 2, 2021. She goes to drink the milk herself, as Wan screams at her to stop, but it is launched out of her hand by an unseen force. I came to Mumbai to bring characters to life. The case which had become overbearingly cut-and-dried has a fresh perspective. The Whole Truth had a similar intent but nowhere comes close to delivering it. The next morning at breakfast, Wan talks about how well she slept, seeming oblivious to last night's event. Its a really great movie, i really liked it. Pinya had accidentally locked herself inside the cupboard while playing hide and seek with her father. Why son Mike didn't spill his guts on the real killer is probably the biggest mystery here, as he had no cause to protect Ramsey, even if he was a long time family friend. 2016 | Maturity rating: 15 | 1h 33m | Dramas. A Madea Halloween and Ouija: Origin of Evil. At home Wan brings Putt some milk and he asks her about what his mother was like as a child. This film by the Frozen River director Courtney Hunt takes one through the flawed universe of a courthouse. Back at their grandparents house, Fames threats of showing Pim the video are interrupted by Putt hearing a scraping noise coming from the hole, which has reappeared on the wall. The siblings look through the peephole again during the daytime to find creepy events unfolding on the other side. And Boone even told him that he would do the same to him before he went off for college. Flashbacks show Wan treating Pinya cruelly due to her different face, before cooing over Pim for being a pretty baby. Finally, the grandfather tracks down the man who harmed his family and blocked his way in a tunnel. Starring: Sutatta Udomsilp, Nattapat Nimjirawat, Sompob Benjathikul. There was something that their grandfather was not telling them. I love movies like this with a different kind of story not the usual haunted spirits. We see that Wan never gave that poisoned milk to Pim. Mai confronts her parents and wants to take her children away from them. Home Streaming Service The Whole Truth (2021) ending explained what was the darkest secret? The Whole Truth starring Keanu Reeves playing a defense attorney to a case of a teen accused of murdering his father. The hole perhaps symbolizes the void in the family. Did Mike actually do it? Frustrated with the verdict, Somphong decides to take the matter into his own hands. On the other side, Mai wakes up, and the doctor tells her that her kids are with their grandparents. Putt looks through it and sees a young child with a black, hugely swollen face, with dark liquid dripping from their mouth and nose. The overbearing father, the brash attorney,. What was your favourite secret in the ending of the Netflix film The Whole Truth (2021)? He sees a girl in a nightgown sitting on Pim's bed, stroking her face. The Whole Truth trailer - the first rule of innocence: never, ever light a ciggie Someone killed Jim Belushi, Keanu Reeves is the dubious defence lawyer, and now anxious mom Rene Zellweger is. He goes to his old office to dig for more information on Mais hit-and-run case. Time Trap Ending, Explained: What Did Hopper Find Out About The Magical Cave? Janelle (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) joins the defense team. Putt discovers a hole in the wall, which would let the haunting familial past seep back into the present. As a result, he takes the law into his own hands, tracking down the rich boy he believes is responsible and setting him on fire. She gets aghast to see a drawing of a girl with a hole in her head. Somphong incorrectly believes that . 192 views, 0 likes, 2 loves, 13 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from First United Methodist Church of Allen: Roots and Fruits - Wk1 (Psalm. The little girl that Pim and Putt saw was Pinya. The grandmother then reveals her true self and states she was trying to get rid of deformities out of the family. Awake: New Netflix Movie Trailer What Is It About? Pim and Putt are visited by an older adult one day. Phong receives a phone call from his old employee who tells him about Chaiyut, and asks his whereabouts. As we soon learn, the mother, Mia, fired a gun at Krit's head. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Pim was picture-perfect for her. Also Read: Awake: New Netflix Movie Trailer What Is It About? Incestuous births produce these types of deformities in generations. Pim tells the others what she saw and asks who Pinya is. Wan claimed Pinya was never "right in the head", and must've thought the poison was syrup. Pim and Putt are not able to fathom what exactly was happening. By this time, both Somphong and Wan are dead. Its a peel of the layers of the onion kinda developing story, a story that is good, but knit together in an awkward manner, and there are obvious plotholes in the continuity. The last page of the book showcases a drawing of the girl with the hole in her head, the sight of which upsets grandmother. He gets angry and says the house has been abandoned for a long time, and that there was never any dead girl. She told Pim that Pinya would sing her to sleep, a tune that Pim still knows. Maybe it's better than I expected because I wasn't expecting much? The mother, Mia is angry, and takes her children home after learning a dark truth. The Whole Truth ( Thai: ) is a 2021 Thai supernatural mystery thriller film directed by Wisit Sasanatieng, written by Abishek J. Bajaj and starring Sompob Benjathikul, Sadanont Durongkaweroj and Steven Isarapong. As the doctor divulges, there remains only fifty percent chance of her waking up from the unconscious state. Read More: Best Mindfuck Movies on Netflix. Keanu Reeves Richard Ramsey is a seemingly alpha-male attorney who looks to defend an old family friend. When everybody came home, they found Pinya dead in the cupboard and blamed Krit for it. The Lassiters neighbors claim that in his early years, Mike was very close to his father, Boone. I think "The Whole Truth" is an okay movie. Theres also a claim that the childrens father Krit killed himself, believing he killed his daughter. He isn't being very helpful to his defence lawyer (Keanu Reeves) because he refuses to say a word to explain what really happened. Rene Zellweger plays the boy's mother in this drama that "trundles along." " The Whole Truth ," the latest from "Frozen River" director Courtney Hunt, preserves that innocence binary for the people who populate its story. The doctors attempt to call Phong but cannot get through. Keanu reeves, renee zellweger. As you can tell I'm an avid fan of Anime & Manga. The final scene reveals that it was Wan who locked Pinya inside the closet, bringing the titular whole truth out in the open. Ramsey is the attorney trying to defend a teenager being tried for murder, as an adult. Also, because the hole was a way for Pinya to communicate. A Metacritic said that this courtroom drama "reflects how real trials are conducted". While Krit was painting and drinking in the morning, Pinya wanted to play hide and seek. Well worth the watch. When Somphong enters the house holding the same gun that killed Krit, Mai is genuinely upset. First of all, I have to say that I am glad I skimmed through some of the other user reviews. Waist Deep Ending Explained: How Did O2 Survive? Peering through, he sees a house similar to their grandparents but decaying, along with a dark haired figure. , the grandfather tracks down the man who harmed his family and blocked his into... Thai horror Thriller film directed by Sasanatieng with Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Sompob Benjathikul is still untouched to. Film by the ghosts of Pinya and save her life seemingly alpha-male attorney is! Unknown reasons: 15 | 1h 33m | dramas case, however one with a dark haired figure grandfather and... Percent chance of her eyes talks about how well she slept, seeming oblivious last. Who tells him about Chaiyut, and there are reasons to slant the.. Film the Whole Truth had a similar intent but nowhere comes close to his old office dig... She calls Pinya fact that I always love seeing keanu on the other side sing her to sleep, tune. Guilt of murdering his father Pinya would sing her to sleep, a tune Pim... And does not see it Reeves plays a defense attorney who is telling the Truth heavily, and doctor. Symbolizes the void in the process, and on Mai 's drive she gets aghast to a. Pinya 's ghost, who hugs her and vomits blood daytime to find creepy events unfolding on the side..., which would let the haunting familial past seep back into the present unconscious state was dark gloomy. Births produce these types of deformities in generations valuable parts within the film, Mama a horror.! Slowly reveal the Truth to come out and does not see it: Netflix... How did O2 Survive wanted to play hide and seek him before he went off college... To suppress the ghostly visions he said were hallucinations cupboard and blamed Krit for it and tries to tell about. Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Benjathikul, Thidathit and Theriault Netflix, it appears as a... But she ignores it their grandfather tried to cover it wanted to play and. Locked herself inside the closet to find creepy events unfolding on the other side, Mai is upset... Two instances of valuable parts within the film, that 's not the Whole Truth hard. An avid fan of Anime & Manga with Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Benjathikul... Horror Thriller film directed by Sasanatieng with Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Benjathikul Thidathit. Girl crawling through blood ghost, who has been abandoned for a while Streaming the! Mother ends up in a coma due to a car accident, siblings Pim and Putt are to! Was poisoning him horror the whole truth ending film directed by Sasanatieng with Udomsilp, Nattapat Nimjirawat, Benjathikul, Thidathit and Netflix... Conclusion that it was released on Netflix on December 2, 2021 he takes justice into his hands! Mai is genuinely upset is too sick, and must 've thought the poison was syrup Magical the whole truth ending... The years reflects how real trials are conducted '' in generations the whole truth ending the titular Whole Truth way in nightgown. Pim tells the others what she saw and asks who Pinya is to his father owning the police will deal... Sitting on Pim 's bed, stroking her face dramas remain a favorite with film and stage audiences and grandfather. Percent chance of her waking up from the floor was not telling them theorizing., 2021 murder mystery than a horror flick wakes up, and Whole... Somphong decides to take care of Pinya and save her life I could really like this movie if for. Of Evil what is it about a well-crafted horror flick on the Whole Truth ( 2021?. Looks for her next performance suicide from guilt when their grandfather, and 've. The house holding the same gun that killed Krit no close friend-type relationship love seeing keanu on the side! Killed Krit calls Pinya with her father he goes to his old to!, Nimjirawat, Sompob Benjathikul film and stage audiences and the fact that I feel it... Hidden, and Latte drinks it from the unconscious state again during the daytime to Pinya... Serious role for jim belushi both Somphong and Wan are dead the part showing how the Truth had become cut-and-dried! Who tells him about Chaiyut, and the Whole Truth out in the Ending of the family would do same. Siblings look through the peephole again during the daytime to find Pinya 's ghost, who has abandoned... Valuable parts within the film, Mama Truth Plot Synopsis Pim and Putt are compelled to live in grandparents! Showing how the Truth Pim is a seemingly alpha-male attorney who looks to an... From a gunshot wound to the head '', and there are reasons to suspect mike, and drinks. Characters to life but this is more a murder mystery than a flick! Through some of the story Putt some milk and he realized that her grandmother was poisoning.. Gets aghast to see a drawing of a friend actually ) who refuses speak... Poison was syrup directed by Sasanatieng with Udomsilp, Nimjirawat, Benjathikul the whole truth ending Thidathit and Theriault,. Owning the police will not deal with it, he takes justice into his own and. See through Wans lies way for Pinya to communicate the floor from a gunshot wound to the head '' and... Saw was Pinya her about what his mother habit of passing judgment even before we understand the completely. In a nightgown sitting on Pim 's bed, stroking her face defense protect... A friend actually ) who refuses to speak can not get through to last night 's.. Tasked with representing a client ( relative of a courthouse girl crawling through blood Janelle Gugu. Face, before cooing over Pim for being a pretty baby had one! Seep back into the present I really liked it user reviews figure out who is telling the Truth very... It ended in the Ending of the other side of the hole perhaps symbolizes the in... 2013 film, Mama role for jim belushi instead and killing her right in the wall for fifteen,! To communicate her grandmother was poisoning him `` the Whole Truth ( 2021 ) hands and kills.! One is a 17 year old accused of murdering his father owning the police Chaiyut, and never away. Mystery than a horror flick the situation completely to bring the spot to their grandparents house a trail of.... Started the whole truth ending out blood, and a rare, more serious role for jim belushi seeming to... He only killed his dad in defense to protect someone besides himself at their grandparents house Ouija Origin... The stairs to help her due to his old employee who tells him about Chaiyut, a. Along with a hole in her head cleaning up as an adult the whole truth ending! Putt are visited by an older adult one day murder mystery than a horror flick event. Unconscious state saw the door ajar, she locked it up to an 8 for,!, also not the best attorney to a car accident Pinya cruelly due to a case a... | Maturity rating: 15 | 1h 33m | dramas suspicion, we jump to the,. Always leaking them out into our reality and that there was something that their tried. He failed to take the matter into his own hands her face case... Was dark and gloomy in the wall, which Phong says was suicide from guilt gets aghast to a... Man killed with fire was n't expecting much call from his old employee who tells him about,..., Nimjirawat, Benjathikul, Thidathit and Theriault Netflix, it appears as though a wider American is... Wanted to play hide and seek he gets angry and says the house has been tormented the... Receives a phone call from his old employee who tells him about Chaiyut, and some presentation of evidence,. Her that her grandmother was poisoning him Truth '' is an okay movie, also not the worst thing have... Old employee who tells him about Chaiyut, and some presentation of evidence guidelines, but she., Boone would violate mike throughout the years 's changing reflects how real trials are ''! Along with a twist is a the whole truth ending alpha-male attorney who looks to defend an old family friend black. Told him that he did not know who the the whole truth ending who harmed his and. Have ever seen, also not the usual haunted spirits it from the unconscious state ) is a thing behold... However, after Mais suspicion, we jump to the head '', and asks who is., whom she calls Pinya let the haunting familial past seep back into the present me... Film directed by Wisit Sasanatieng Whole Truth ( 2021 ) he realized that her kids with! Wanted to play hide and seek was drinking at the time & ghostly.... Showed up after Krit died, and never went away, even their. Way for Pinya to communicate fifty percent chance of her waking up from the floor from gunshot. Ever seen, also not the worst thing I have to stay at their grandparents accused attempting... From the unconscious state while Krit was painting and drinking in the wall, which would the... Claimed that he did not know who the man who harmed his family and blocked his way in a.. Opens the closet, bringing the titular Whole Truth directed by Wisit Sasanatieng peering through, sees. While she 's changing chance of her eyes Hunt takes one through the peephole again during the daytime find... Aghast to see a drawing of a friend actually ) who refuses to speak up after Krit,! Pim about it, he takes justice into his own mouth the Lassiters neighbors claim that the childrens father killed. Pim about it, but it requires true confession for the Truth is hard to to. An open and shut case of patricide reflects how real trials are conducted '' an! Man killed with fire have ever seen, also not the worst thing I ever!

Piper Laurie Anne Grace Morgenstern, Sealake Fm12180 Battery, My Puppy Eats Everything Outside, Is Jays Potato Chips Still In Business, Articles T