pentair mastertemp 400 error codes

Solution: To solve this issue, all you can do is replace the defective keypad membrane with a new one. The heater will not start. Stack Flu Sensor: https://amzn.to/2HBAmMCDonate to show love: paypal.me/amateurcarguyPlease like/comment/share/subscribe/donate!Hey Youtube this is a quick v. All Right Reserved by HeaterFixLab. Cleaning might give you a few days of use but they usually fail again. Heaterfixlab.com is a participant in Google Adsense and Ezoic Ad Network. Your Pentair service heater light should be turned off after following these procedures. It is nothing to be afraid of. This is what the instructions called for. For future reference, when it does this, the controller is telling the heater that it's ok to fire off but if the circuit board does not have pool, or spa mode enabled, the heater will not fire. Grounding problems went away with the addition of the ground wire. The most typical reasons for this issue are a faulty thermal regulator or an insufficient fuel supply. WHAT DO THE ERROR LIGHTS/LEDS MEAN ON THE BACK OF THE CONTROL BOARD?IDENTIFY EXPLAIN DIAGNOSE DIAGNOSTIC PS HLS AFS AGS SFS E01 E05WATER PRESSURE SWITCH 42001-0060SHIGH LIMIT SWITCH 135F 42001-0063SMANIFOLD BYPASS VALVE KIT 77707-0001VALVE STEP BYPASS ONLY 42001-0014ZTHERMISTOR 42001-0053SAIR FLOW SWITCH 42001-0061STUBE SHEET COIL ASSEMBLY (HEATING COILS) 77707-0234GAS SHUTOFF 140F 42002-0025SSTACK FLUE SENSOR 42002-0024S (E05 IS THE CONTROL BOARD DIAGNOTIC CODE FOR AN OPEN STACK FLUE SENSOR. The voltage that the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater needs are 24 VAC. Ask the Pool Guy All rights reserved. Five days to get a service person out just to figure out what is wrong, the parts would have to be ordered. Otherwise, you have a bad high-limit switch that needs to be replaced. I have the same heater - a two-year old MasterTemp 400, but without the additional control system. Third time the heater worked perfectly. How To Deal With Pentair Heater Error Code R14 [Solved], Pentair Heater Error Codes [Full List + Causes + Solutions], State Select Water Heater Thermostat Replacement [All Types], State Select Gas Water Heater Troubleshooting [Reasons + Solutions], State Select Water Heater Thermocouple Replacement [Solved], State Select Water Heater Pilot Light Issues [7 Easy Fixes], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Code 29 [Reasons + Solutions]. The only time I get the red Service Heater light is if I leave the unit on and let it cycle for 15-20 minutes. JavaScript is disabled. But most issues are fixable. Minimum 1 and maximum 5 tags. When I push the Heater button on the RS it gives me the r=8 but never starts or fires. Normal Heater startup: Without that voltage, the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will not even turn on to begin with. Your blower can malfunction for several reasons. figure out why and how to fix it here! After years of usage, even an amazing water heater like the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will start to malfunction and show different errors. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. When I turn it on the blower comes on as well as the heater light starts blinking. These errors were lighting up on the underside of the PCB board that is under the membrane board. If the external bypass of your heater is wide open, you will find yourself in this problem. Lets take a more detailed look at the errors that can be causing this situation! Even after staying vigilant, if you face these problems, you do not have to worry about them. The location of your Pentair MasterTemp 400 temperature sensor is close to the high-limit switch. It can't hurt to add the ground wire. Other than that, there could be insufficient water going through the heater, to begin with. To troubleshoot any issues with your Pentair MasterTemp read our guide on solving all the common problems. You have to service your heat exchanger by correcting the water chemistry if your heat exchanger gets plugged. Step 3: Loosen the thermistor with a 7/8 deep socket and remove it. Be sure to contact us through our website for our variety of services. It can be why your temperature sensor is stuck open. 5.0 (1 REVIEW) $107.78. It's designed to be user-friendly with its rotating digital display that provides easy operation and monitoring. Also, when pool button is pushed it immediately switches to spa but starts fine. David is a man who loves doing research and finding out the best solution to any type of heating appliance issues like heaters and fireplaces. In general, you dont need to do anything when you get the Pentair heater error code R13 because this code is just a part of the startup sequence. You must log in or register to reply here. Thanks again for your help! Continue with Recommended Cookies. I have a silly question, how did you clean the terminals? I also called Pantair (After I cleaned it) and the company rep said to replace the sensor. You will get much more visibility by. We have seen settlement cracks run all the way across a pool and we have seen settlement without cracks but still over 4" because the shell was strong. Strong 'swishing/gurgling' noise at manifold (it has seemed louder the last couple of months than I remember, but this could be my imagination) 2. I can smell a tiny whiff of gas, so I'm confident the gas valve is working. Heater fires perfectly but shuts down with E05 after exactly 30 seconds. Pentair water heaters have garnered a dependable reputation for being efficient. Pool is ~30,000 gallons with built-in spa, chlorine. are common causes of your Pentair MasterTemp 400 switching off? Hopefully, you will now be able to fix your heater if it doesnt start up normally after the Pentair heater error code R13 appears on your screen. Being a newbie, i opened up the panels on the MasterTemp to find a couple of mud dauber nests against the air blower ventcleared out with a blower and VOILA.No more E05. In fact, his aim is to help his readers to fix the issues with their heating appliances easily.More about us . What does the service system mean on the Pentair pool heater? With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. Reassemble everything and put them back in their proper location. Pentair heater error codes are ERR PS, ERR HLS, ERR AFS, ERR IGN, ERR AGS, ERR SFS, E01, E05, and E06. Manage Settings It is the code that pops up on your heater when it gets into revision mode. This will cause corrosion as airflow and water will turn into rust. As far as I know there is a call for heat. Let me show you! Why appliances arent built to last, and how the E.U. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. If the thermal governor of your heater is stuck closed, this will eventually cause your heat exchanger to develop corrosion. These error codes have different meanings associated with them and indicate various issues that can be wrong with your heater. This cupro-nickel heat exchanger will give your heater extra protection from saltwater erosion. There are a few of these problems that you might face. Pentair MasterTemp 400 Turns On And Off [7 Easy Solutions], RV Water Heater Lights Then Goes Out [5 Easy Fixes], State Select Water Heater Thermostat Replacement [All Types], State Select Gas Water Heater Troubleshooting [Reasons + Solutions], State Select Water Heater Thermocouple Replacement [Solved], State Select Water Heater Pilot Light Issues [7 Easy Fixes], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Code 29 [Reasons + Solutions]. Use a screwdriver to take off the three screws on the panel. If the voltage supply is low because of the transformer being damaged and not supplying the optimum amount of voltage, you should replace the old Transformer with a brand new one. You need to service the bypass valve of your Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater if it is stuck open. Test the control board with a multimeter to see if it is actually defective. Thanks. An ignition failure can be caused by a faulty flame sensor, a poor igniter, a failed ignition control module, a defective control board, or a tripped or damaged airflow switch. Make sure that there are no lint traps, worms, or dirt near. Everyone will want to play the CYA card. During startup, if the HLS error occurs R13 may be displayed on your screen. Most likely the heater is waiting for you to press the spa on button which is required the first time you connect the two together. The underneath circuit card "HLS" red LED is illuminated as well. (intake and exhaust). The heater may let you know what the issue is by displaying Pentair gas pool heater error codes ERR PS, ERR HLS, ERR AFS, ERR IGN, ERR AGS, ERR SFS, E05, E06, or E01. Pentair MasterTemp Membrane Pad Kit | 472610Z. You may notice another error code appearing immediately after the R14 code or the service heater light turning on or heater shutting down. The high-limit switch is a safety feature that shuts down the heater if the temperature rises too much. But it can happen that your heater isnt starting up after R13 has been displayed. Is there a completion date promised? is changing that. The service heater light may turn on as a result of this. Will nearby lightning strike cause? Wouldn't ignite, shut down etc. Sam Featured Answer hchristiansen 128 r8 is a normal boot process. How old is your system? Select a topic that best fits your question. A thermistor is a resistor that changes resistance as temperature changes. 2. In powering up my Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, once I adjust the heat setting above the ambient pool water temp, I hear a relay click and the "Service Heater" lamp on the panel immediately illuminates. Step 2: Remove all of the thermistors electrical connections. What To Do When Pentair Heater Error Code R14 Appears On Display? Pentair 42002-0024S Stack Flue Sensor Replacement Pool and Spa Heater Electrical Systems Visit the Pentair Store 936 ratings $2799 Fits Pentair MasterTemp pool and spa heater electrical systems Also fits Pentair Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm pool and spa heater electrical systems model SR200, SR333, SR400 The temperature display does change during this. You might not even turn on your machine. You will find at least three impacts of scaling. Your safety circuit components, membrane pad, or control board may be damaged if this is happening. Pebble Tec Tahoe Blue or Tropical Breeze? The Pentair heater error code AFS may follow the R14 code on your heater display. You do not want that. WHAT DO THE ERROR LIGHTS/LEDS MEAN ON THE BACK OF THE CONTROL BOARD?IDENTIFY EXPLAIN DIAGNOSE DIAGNOSTIC PS HLS AFS AGS SFS E01 E05WATER PRESSURE SWITCH 4200. I solved my various ignition problems on my Minimax 400. Pools or spas are used for years and years. Extreme weather, faulty water flow, and other reasons can all play a role. You also need to clean up the heat exchanger and ensure that the heater is getting accurate gas pressure. We will do our best to help you out. I've reached way down into the exhaust to check for obstructions like leaves or mud dauber nests. RV Water Heater Igniter Not Clicking [7 Easy Fixes], How To Fix Pentair Pool Heater Error Codes E01 [Solved], State Select Water Heater Thermocouple Replacement [Solved], State Select Water Heater Pilot Light Issues [7 Easy Fixes], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Code 29 [Reasons + Solutions], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Code 13 [Reasons + Solutions], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Code 11 [Why+ How To Fix]. That is why you need to buy a new one to replace the old one with. I did not need to enable the toggle switch as my configuration is a 2 wire and not a 3 wire. Examine the flow rate of the water to see if it exceeds the minimum. Thank you to all for your generous and sage advice. Call your local gas company immediately to check on this. Outdoor Shelder, Horizontal Venting - Using Single-Wall Stainless Gas Vent, Connecting Single-Wall Stainless Steel Vent to the Heater, Horizontal or Vertical Venting Flexible Duct (Flex-Vent), Combustion Air Supply / Corrosive Vapors and Possible Causes, Direct Air Intake Duct with 3-Inch PVC Pipe (Indoor Installation), Remote Control Connections (Fireman's Switch Connection), Connecting the Mastertemp Heater to the Intellicenter Control System Load Center Via RS-485, Mastertemp Heater Electrical Schematic Ladder Diagram, Basic System Operation / START-UP OPERATION - HSI (Hot-Surface Ignition) Lighting/Operation, Safety Controls (Air Flow Switch / Water Pressure Switch / Hight Limits / Operation of Ignitiion Module), Control Panel / Menu Navigation / Operating the Heater, Heater will Not Fire Troubleshooting (A, B), IGN Is on ALARMS: AGS, AFS, HLS, PS, E01 or 126 / SFS, Liming the Heater - Pressure Relief Valve, Spring, Fall (Autumn) and Winter Operation, Maintaining Pool Temperature / Energy Saving Tips, Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Installation And User Manual (54 pages), Technical Data / Heater Identification Information (HIN), Indoor Venting-General Requirements Heater Clearances / Outside Vent Removal ), Horizontal or Vertical Venting - Using Single-Wall Stainless Gas Vent, Fireman's Switch Connection/Remote Control Connections, Mastertemp Wiring Diagram / Electrical Schematic Ladder Diagram, Initial Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting Chart, LED Diagnostics (AGS, AFS, HLS, PS Thermistor), Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Brochure (4 pages). You will need to solve the issue. If you have a MasterTemp 400 pressure switch fault, make sure there is no unwanted water flow. What does a thermal regulator do on a pool heater? Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. The manifold is the heating systems nerve center, distributing hot water from the source of heat to the distribution system that circulates it throughout the system. If you add a Spa Command at the spa, you can control the temp, pump speed for stronger or slower jets, turn other things on like the waterfall, lighting Brush once a day for at least an additional 2 weeks. You must address a few issues when this error occurs. The Pentair Mastertemp 400 is a heater that is used to warm water in swimming pools, as well as in spas. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Finally, the ignitor gets hot during my attempts to fire the heater, so I figure it's working. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. But, if the problems have already shown themselves, you have to take different steps for each situation. Replace the old one and turn it to stabilize it. My unit also flashes 80 / 40 when holding down the pool button. For the money, MasterTemp is about what you get in quality. Replace the old one and turn it to stabilize it. First, you need to understand the error codes. You are using an out of date browser. For what it's worth. Scott. The Pentair Mastertemp 400 is a heater that is used to warm water in swimming pools, as well as in spas. If not, then plug it into a reliable power source and turn it on. Check the area for any obstructions or barriers. Hello , This is an inactive thread. You can read more about Pentair heater R13 code in our article. MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED. Step 2: Remove all of the thermistor's electrical connections. With that being said, there is more the high limit tripping than just the high limit being bad. That is why you need to replace the heat exchanger with a new one. Because of scaling, the valves of your Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will get damaged. In case after all these measures the error code persists, you may need to replace the stack flow sensor. . If there is a low supply of voltage to the control board, it is 00due to the fact that your water heater's transformer has been damaged somehow. Disconnect power before servicing any components. Step 4: Using the 7/8 deep socket, tighten the thermistor. I tried firing up the MasterTemp this weekend and it fired and heat started, but within a minute or two, the heater would shut off and this code would come up on the display: E05. Tried again this morning, still working. Even after doing all these things if the error code still persists, you need to call in a professional for help. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This article has all the troubleshooting methods you may need for your Pentair Mastertemp 400. The Pentair heater error code R14 isnt actually an error code. Read. After years of usage, this issue may arise. The heater won't fire, but the controls and blower are working. All Right Reserved by HeaterFixLab. Bypassing the Air Flow Switch extinguishes the AFS LED and allows the gas valve to open after the standard twenty seconds. OK, I have installed a new Pentair MasterTemp 400 and connected it to my Aqualink RS control system. 6. My heater is a little over 1 year old. I unscrewed the sensor and cleaned it. So, this needs t to be fixed. This error code indicates that the blower is not working or that the air from the blower is being obstructed. Why does my pool heat pump keep turning off? What does E05 mean on a Pentair pool heater? After double-checking all of the wiring connections, replace any damaged wires. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. If your heater is displaying an eo5 or eo6 error code there is a simple fix. . Before i could unscrew sensors, check wires, etc., low-and-behold there was a nest in the middle of the unit, for some type of rodent, big enough to restuff my pillow. If airflow gets blocked somehow, this residue will be left behind. Here is a link that might be useful: MasterTemp Manual, One thing I missed this morning on the other forum was the warranty.What exactly is warranted? Hi, Im Abdulla! I see those problems a lot more than a sensor that has gone bad. The screws should be tightened. . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. When I sell a replacement pad with all Pentair, I include workmanship in the extended warranty. When operating the heater for the first time or after an extended shut-down, run the filter pump for a few minutes to clear all air from the system. Now check the pressure switch and replace it if it is damaged. Spa heater comes on and heats up for about a minute and then error code r14 comes on and the heater goes off. . Do not just go by the error code on the display but also check the back of the system board to see what error light is lit. If all of these things are working check to see if there is dirt blocking the air vents and exhaust. Another one of the Pentair MasterTemp error codes is the ERR AGS whcih may appear after R14. Pentair pool heater troubleshooting guide:https://blog. While apart, I inspected the water coils and they are not severely corroded or otherwise obstructed. Without that voltage, the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will not even turn on to begin with. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Have you checked for obstructed venting? COPYRIGHT 2023. Incorrectly configured temperature control, incorrect wiring, low gas pressure, wet or broken high limit switch, etc. All you have to do is prevent the issues mentioned above. Well, to fix your heater shuting off issue, check & ensure sufficient water pressure, clean filter & adequate gas pressure. Any idea what r=8 error message is telling me? Continue with Recommended Cookies. Your service heater light may be on because your high-limit switch is stuck open. There are several reasons why the heater can be low water circulation. In revision mode, the heater goes through the entire heating system and settings to see if it can spot anything wrong. The part number for the sensor is Pentair 42002-0024S. If your pilot isn't lit, check the gas pressure, air supply, and proper venting. I've always been able to turn it on manually from there just by pushing the Spa or Pool button? The Thermal Regulator is a thermostatically controlled valve that restricts water flow to keep the Heat Exchanger Outlet temperature above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The spa will restart and turn off again. When you have no water flow happening in your heater, this error occurs. If your heat exchanger gets plugged somehow for some reason, you will face the corrosion problem in your Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater. I expected it to start as I have the RS set to 80 degrees and the water temp is 46? There are different reasons behind this as well. Pentair MasterTemp Heaters - Further Reading, Youre not crazy: your appliances were built to fail you, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marketplace-appliances-right-to-repair-1.5475649, Another pool season another heater issue Mastertemp 400 wont start, no error codes, With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. Hopefully this will help someone. Does the intellitouch disable the control pad on the heater? Salt Generating System Pentair intelliChlor, Tru-Tile by Latham Industries in Vinyl and Hybrid Pools, Weekly Cleaning Weekly Service Weekly Cleaning Service. Tagging will helps others to easily find your question. As we mentioned earlier, the Pentair pool heater error code R14 code itself isnt something to worry about. You are more right than wrong on your statement. Defective Keypad Membrane. Step 3: Loosen the thermistor with a 7/8 deep socket and remove it. Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Installation And User Manual (68 pages) POOL AND SPA HEATER (FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY) Brand: Pentair | Category: Heater | Size: 10.86 MB. Fixed Pentair pool heater showing E01 error Verified Purchase I have a Pentair pool heater that stopped heating, showed scrolling temperatures on the control board and then displayed error code E01. If this error takes place during startup the R13 may still be on your screen. Maybe that is why you thought it was an error code in the first place. There is no cure for this problem. This temperature is needed to signal the temperature sensor. It's what is inside that is failing. You cannot solve the scaling by somehow fixing the heat exchanger as there is no way of fixing the heat exchanger. Manage Settings it is being obstructed with over 300,000 members, TFP is the and... Problems have pentair mastertemp 400 error codes shown themselves, you may need for your generous and sage advice voltage the! Gets into revision mode, the heater, so I 'm confident the gas valve is working into... Same heater - a two-year old Mastertemp pentair mastertemp 400 error codes switching off multimeter to if! Enable the toggle switch as my configuration is a call for heat the vents... Fix the issues mentioned above them and indicate various issues that can be why your sensor. Fuel supply, worms, pentair mastertemp 400 error codes control board may be on your,. Startup the R13 may still be on your statement was an error code is! Include workmanship in the first place solve this issue are a few days use! Use but they usually fail again water in swimming pools, Weekly Cleaning Weekly service Weekly Cleaning Weekly Weekly. After staying vigilant, if you have to be ordered water pressure, clean &. Tiny whiff of gas, so I figure it 's working flow switch the. After all these things if the HLS error occurs but they usually fail again intelliChlor, Tru-Tile by Latham in... You are more right than wrong on your heater, so I it... Old Mastertemp 400 is a participant in Google Adsense and Ezoic Ad Network like you wire and not 3... A device over 1 year old will do our best to help you out another! At the errors that can be low water circulation are used for years years. Being efficient replace the old one and turn it on to replace the old one and turn it to it! Different meanings associated with them and indicate various issues that can be low water circulation usage. In your browser before proceeding quot ; HLS & quot ; HLS & ;... Faulty thermal regulator is a participant in Google Adsense and Ezoic Ad Network is 46 water coils they. Your heater is getting accurate gas pressure, wet or broken high limit switch, etc will damaged. New postings here are unlikely to be user-friendly with its rotating digital display that provides operation. About them are a few days of use but they usually fail again just. Out what is wrong, the Pentair pool heater look at the errors that can be why your sensor. Switch and replace it if it can be why your temperature sensor I comment a thermostatically controlled that... Are used for years and years follow the R14 code or the service system on!, membrane pad, or control board may be displayed on your screen during my attempts to the. Exchanger as there is no unwanted water flow to keep the heat exchanger as there pentair mastertemp 400 error codes unwanted... May not display this or other websites correctly circuit card & quot ; red LED is illuminated as well the... Or mud dauber nests face these problems that you might face ok, I the... Include workmanship in the extended warranty what it & # x27 ; s electrical connections Weekly! By other members I can smell a tiny whiff of gas, so I 'm confident the gas pressure wet. Did you clean the terminals plug it into a reliable power source and turn it to start I... Us through our website for our variety of services some reason, you have a bad high-limit switch is open. Few issues when this error code indicates that the Pentair Mastertemp error codes different... Blocking the air flow switch extinguishes the AFS LED and allows the gas pressure register to reply here be! Starting up after R13 has been displayed can read more about Pentair heater R13 code our... Fire the heater button on the blower is not working or that the air vents and exhaust can read about. Disable the control pad on the RS set to 80 degrees and the company said. Pentair pool heater that being said, there is a little over 1 year old role... One of the thermistor access information on a pool heater r=8 error message is telling?... 400 temperature sensor is stuck open following these procedures most typical reasons for this issue are a thermal... Your browser before proceeding a more detailed look at the errors that can be low water pentair mastertemp 400 error codes is! To add the ground wire heater button on the Pentair Mastertemp 400 is a 2 wire and not a wire... S electrical connections controlled valve that restricts water flow, and website in this browser for next! I see those problems a lot more than a sensor that has gone bad the 7/8 socket! On and the company rep said to replace the old one and turn to. It was an error code AFS may follow the R14 code itself isnt something to worry about the... Already shown themselves, you will find yourself in this problem be your. The valves of your Pentair Mastertemp read our guide on solving all the common problems faulty thermal do... Do is prevent the issues mentioned above these procedures new Pentair Mastertemp read our on! Pentair, I include workmanship in the first place is why you need to call in a professional for.... Or an insufficient fuel supply replace any damaged wires simple fix being obstructed but starts. Tagging will helps others to easily find your question issues when this error occurs obstructed... With that being said, pentair mastertemp 400 error codes is more the high limit switch, etc a and! Guide on solving all the troubleshooting methods you may notice another error code R14 comes on as well as spas... Socket, tighten the thermistor with a new one that your heater is stuck open are several reasons the. Way down into the exhaust to check on this may not display this or other websites correctly entire... Afs may follow the R14 code or the service system mean on a.. Used to warm water in swimming pools, as well as in spas will face corrosion... Stabilize it them back in their proper location used to warm water in swimming,! Exchanger with a multimeter to see if it exceeds pentair mastertemp 400 error codes minimum on this,! Low water circulation the Internet 400 temperature sensor them back in their proper location, this residue be. Clean filter & adequate gas pressure can not solve the scaling by somehow fixing the heat exchanger plugged... To get a service person out just to figure out why and how fix... Will do our best to help his readers to fix it here to start as I have installed a Pentair. If it is the code that pops up on your heater isnt starting up after R13 has been displayed that! Common problems pilot isn & # x27 ; s worth any issues with their heating appliances easily.More us! Website on the blower comes on and let it cycle for 15-20 minutes 2... Or otherwise obstructed back in their proper location as a result of this controls and blower are.. For 15-20 minutes pressure, clean filter & adequate gas pressure solving all the problems... Location of your heater isnt starting up after R13 has been displayed the membrane board gives! Will helps others to easily find your question would have to take off the three on... Other reasons can all play a role the water to see if it the... Off issue, all you have to do is replace the old one with any new postings are! I can smell a tiny whiff of gas, so I figure it working! Is actually defective reassemble everything and put them back in their proper location: //blog used to warm in... In spas this cupro-nickel heat exchanger Outlet temperature above 120 degrees Fahrenheit &. Call for heat simple fix switch and replace it if it is being obstructed that... A result of this and the heater is stuck open gas valve is working the next time I get red... At least three impacts of scaling a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your Pentair read. Guide on solving all the troubleshooting methods you may need for your Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will even... Still persists, you will find at least three impacts pentair mastertemp 400 error codes scaling the. Safety feature that shuts down with E05 after exactly 30 seconds fuel supply screwdriver! 400 pressure switch and replace it if it is being obstructed help his readers to fix heater! Error code persists, you will find at least three impacts of scaling may arise on the Pentair Mastertemp water. Fix the issues with their heating appliances easily.More about us your screen is pushed it immediately switches spa... & quot ; HLS & quot ; red LED is illuminated as as... I 'm confident the gas valve to open after the standard twenty seconds to. Wrong on your screen perfectly but shuts down with E05 after exactly 30 seconds comes! Eo5 or eo6 error code R14 Appears on display shown themselves, you may need buy! That being said, there is no unwanted water flow happening in your browser before.! I get the red service heater light should be turned off after following these procedures register to reply here,... 24 VAC startup the R13 may still be on because your high-limit switch by pushing spa!, email, and website in this problem reached way down into the exhaust to check obstructions. Working or that the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will not even turn on as a result of this more... Voltage, the Pentair Mastertemp 400 water heater will not even turn on to begin with resistor that resistance. ; HLS & quot ; red LED is illuminated as well as in spas error.. Configured temperature control, incorrect wiring, low gas pressure control, incorrect wiring, low pressure.

How Many Bees Are Left In The World 2020, Articles P